PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED (“we”, “our”, and “us”) is the owner of your debt. We are also the data controller of your personal data that may be processed as described in this data protection notice.
Personal Data Collected – We may receive personal data about you from the seller of your debt, from our affiliated companies and from other third parties including, where permitted, from land registries, credit reference agencies (“CRAs”), fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies, registers of court judgments and bankruptcies, law firms, tracing agents, debt collection agencies and from other public sources. The personal data that we receive may include your name, address, contact details including telephone number, gender, personal identification number (where permitted) and other details relating to your debt as well as financial and personal circumstances. We will also have personal data on you that we learn through our relationship, including from you contacting us, such as your telephone number, and the way you service your debt.
Use of your Personal Data – We will use your personal data to communicate with you and to collect the outstanding balance of your debt including to trace your whereabouts. We may also combine your personal data with other data about you, and which may be obtained from third parties, where it is deemed necessary for verifying the accuracy of the data and/or for the purposes of collecting the outstanding balance of your debt. We may also use your personal data to carry out risk assessments and audits, to carry out analysis, market research and to produce reports, for behavioural scoring, for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime, evaluating portfolios of debt and to improve our debt collection processes. We may also use your personal data for related administrative and debt collection purposes. We may also anonymise your personal data for the purposes described in this notice.
Disclosure of your personal data – We may disclose your personal data, and any anonymised data, for any of the above purposes:
- to any of our related affiliates within the PRA Group of companies;
- to CRAs and the information may be recorded by the CRAs in your credit history record;
- to any agencies or other third parties that provide us with services, including companies used to send communications to you or that provide us with technical support or assistance, debt collection agencies, law firms and tracing agents;
- to fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies including where you give us false or inaccurate information or where we suspect or identify fraud;
- to land registries, courts, governmental and non- governmental regulators and ombudsmen;
- to any third party that acquires, or is interested in acquiring or securitising, all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of our business, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise; and
- where we have your consent or as required or permitted by law, including to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or government request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or we have a legitimate interest in making a disclosure, such as where necessary to protect our rights and property.
Disclosure to CRAs – Where we are permitted we may share your personal data with CRAs. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs. Where CRAs carry out a search for us they will place a search footprint on your credit file. CRAs may supply us with both public and shared credit and fraud prevention information. CRAs will record all outstanding debt and may disclose this information to other organisations to perform further checks, trace your whereabouts or recover the debt. If you pay your account in full then we will update the reports accordingly. Records remain on file with the CRAs for 6 years after they are closed whether settled by you or defaulted. You should be aware that the existence of this default information, particularly defaults which are not marked as “settled” or “satisfied”, may adversely affect your ability to obtain credit in the future. For further information on how your data may be used by CRAs and how you can contact the CRAs operating in the UK or for details of fraud prevention agencies please visit our website at www.pragroup.uk.com . or contact us on 0800 877 2772.
Communications – In accordance with applicable law we may use your personal data to contact you for the purposes set out in this notice including by mail, e-mail, telephone, by fax and by text. Should we contact you by telephone or other form of electronic communication, or should you contact us by telephone or other form of electronic communication, we may monitor and/or record the telephone conversation or other electronic communication in the interests of security, to improve our services, for training purposes, and to assist in collection of any outstanding debt.
Transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) – The recipients of your personal data may be located in countries outside the EEA, including in the United States of America, which may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the EEA. In such a case, (and provided we are not otherwise restricted from transferring your personal data in this way), we will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Your rights – Under applicable data protection laws, you have a right to access your personal data and to request the correction of any error or inaccuracy in relation to your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should contact PRA Group (UK) Limited on 0800 877 2772.