This Privacy and Cookies Notice (“the Notice”) applies when using www.pragroup.co.uk (“the Website”) which is operated by PRA Group (UK) Limited (“PRA Group UK”). Please note that where you intend to make a payment using the Website, please ensure you have read the website Terms and Conditions which can be found by clicking here as well as this Privacy and Cookies Notice. As a customer of PRA Group UK, you will have received a copy of our Data Protection Notice when we first wrote to you when we acquired your account. This Notice also applies when we process your personal data when you use the Website. A copy of this notice can be found here. In this notice, PRA Group UK, itself, or together with any member of its group (“PRA Group”) may be referred to as ‘We’ or ‘Us’ or ‘Our’.
The security and privacy of your personal information is important to us. We will always process your personal data fairly and lawfully, and in accordance with all applicable laws.
We are committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when you visit and use the Website or you communicate electronically with us.
This Notice, together with the Terms and Conditions, the Data Protection Notice and any other documents referred to in the Terms and Conditions, this Notice and the Website set out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, from third parties, or that you provide to us, shall be processed by us. We may decide or may be legally obliged to amend and update this Notice from time to time so please ensure you read this Notice every time you use the Website.
Information we may collect from you which we may process
We may collect and process the following:
- Personal data and other information that is provided by you or a third party, authorised to do so on your behalf, when you or they contact us, and when making a payment, completing forms, responding to surveys, and any other responses to requests for information on the Website. This includes but is not limited to information provided by you when registering to use the Website, when making a payment, or requesting services and/or information from us, and can include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, account details, log-in details and other information detailed in the Data Protection Notice.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic, click tracking, location, weblogs and other such data, and the resources that you access from the Website.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with the Website.
Sensitive Personal Data
- Under certain circumstances, we may require to ask you to provide us with or you may volunteer, information about you which is deemed “sensitive personal data”, for example, information about your health. This may be because we think you may be considered vulnerable, and as such, we may need this additional information in order to manage your account in the most appropriate manner. We will only use this sensitive personal data to exercise forbearance in collecting your debt, and to manage your account and circumstances appropriately. We will obtain your consent prior to processing this data. We may share any of your sensitive personal data with other members of PRA Group for such purposes only. Any sharing of your sensitive personal data with clients will be on the basis of your consent or if we are required or permitted to do so under applicable laws.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To collect your debt and to assist you in managing your account, including setting up of an affordable payment plan and assessing the affordability of such plan.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to make payments safely and securely on the payments page of the Website.
- For research and analysis purposes, including assessment of your likelihood to make payments to your account.
- To prevent fraud, money laundering and any other criminal activity.
- For other purposes as set out in the Data Protection Notice.
Where you have requested that we contact you, and you provide us with your name, together with your address, telephone numbers or e-mail address for this purpose, you consent to being contacted by these methods, for these purposes.
Security of your Personal Information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us electronically, and transmission of such information is therefore entirely at your own risk, We will take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is processed and stored securely on our servers and in accordance with this Notice, the Terms and Conditions, the Data Protection Notice and applicable laws.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) login details, including a password so that you can access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping these login details confidential. We will accept no liability for unauthorised use of your login details on the Website.
Disclosing your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of PRA Group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding companies and their other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To prospective purchasers of any or all of our business and/or our business assets and their advisors;
- To relevant authorities, where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your information, and to prevent fraud and money laundering
- To any third party who provides services to us as a data processor;
- To Payment Services providers, to facilitate payments made by you via the payments page of the Website;
- In order to protect and enforce our rights;
- Where we are entitled to by law; and
- To third parties to facilitate credit risk reduction.
- To other third parties as set out in the Data Protection Notice
Transfer of Data outwith the European Economic Area (‘EEA’)
We or some of our third party service providers (including but not limited to merchant services suppliers) may transfer personal information we or they collect outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for processing, storing and related purposes. You understand and agree that by using the Website, including making a payment via the Website, where you submit personal information to the Website , such personal information may be transferred outside the EEA.We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is secure and is processed and stored in accordance with applicable laws.
Third Party Personal Information
If you provide us with personal information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal information will be processed.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you certain rights, including right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any request for access must be in writing, and we have 40 days from the date of your written request to provide you with the requested information. Should you wish to access the information that we hold about, you, or have a query or complaint in relation to the holding of such information, please contact us using the contact details below.
Third Party Links
We may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files for statistical purposes. These log files contain standard information collected by web servers, such as client IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), operating system, etc. This information is only used by PRA UK and PRA Group. This information is not distributed or sold to a third party. We use this information, to analyse trends, to administer the Website and to gather demographic information about the Website users as a whole.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These cookies are stored on the hard drive of your computer. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You can also change the settings on your internet browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, doing any of these may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website, and you may lose some of the functionality of the Website as a result. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
For help in deleting our cookies please refer to the relevant link below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org.